Wednesday, January 2, 2008

13.5 weeks

Happy New Year
I had another doctors appointment on the 31st. Just a quick visit. We heard the heartbeat and discussed any questions we had. The doctor thought the heartbeat sounded strong and that this was yet another bench mark for a healthy pregnancy. The next big marker will be in February when I get to 20 weeks. Many women with FVL often miscarry up to 20 weeks, so it will be just another marker that everything will be okay. I am feeling a little better. Actually wanting breakfast again, which has been nice. It was actually a Christmas miracle, because I woke up that morning and was like, "hmm, I'm hungry". I haven't had that feeling for months. I am still sick through out the day, but not as violently as before. I went back to work today and that was rough. I wish I could take a nap in the middle of the day, I think it would really help. I don't think anyone would notice if I crawled under my desk for 30-45 minutes, do you? We got some cute baby things for Christmas. We asked the family to hold back until then, and they were kind to adhere to that. Josh's mom found some beautiful hand made sweaters she had for her children and cleaned them and re-buttoned a few for us. My mom got some cute onesies saying things like, "if mom says no, ask grandma". If you know my mother, you know there has never been a more true statement.

As a whole I feel like I am slowly crawling out of the hole I have been in since November. I don't want to push it, but am just hoping that with each day I feel better and better. Until the end, which everyone has been reminding me is bad again. Oh sweet baby you better be really cute...and have your dad's heart (and ears).

1 comment:

Leah said...

I'm o.k. with this baby having Josh's ears but I hope it has your time management skills.