Tuesday, May 5, 2009

New Pet



About a week ago a pigeon showed up on our patio. It has tags and everything. We gave it a day or so to rest and make its way home...but a week later it is still here. Prudence, a sensible name for a pigeon, now is so used to us it runs up to my feet when we walk out to feed it, and today let Rowan and I sit inches from it while it feed. Rowan loves her. He squeals with delight when we go out to see her and likes to follow her around the patio. I did refrain from letting him pet her though, much to his dismay. Too many germs. We have filled out a missing pigeon report (I kid you not) and am hoping to hear back from someone. We looked up her tags, she is a racing pigeon...so I suppose we could always make some money on her if she decides to stay. We also had a chipmunk in the house yesterday, but that is Josh's story so I will save that for another day.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Shey, you are kidding me! I saw your status on Facebook and had no idea what it meant that you had a racing pigeon hanging around! Except that you literally have a racing pigeon hanging around! Who races pigeons?? Way too funny!