Sunday, May 10, 2009

My first mother's day



If you know me you know that when I was first pregnant (and for all the years before) I wanted a little girl. I know you aren't suppose to admit that, but it's the truth. If I ever imagined myself a mother at all, it was always to a little girl. I actually found out the sex of the baby strictly so I would not be disappointed when the big "it's a..." moment came. When we found out Rowan was going to be Rowan it took me a few days but I settled in to the idea. Now 11 months into being the mother of a little boy, I think there might be something to this. I have embraced trucks, and puppies and sports themed things. I like looking for bugs (I introduced him to his first wriggling worm the other day), and picking up rocks and sticks. I will help him catch his first frog and I will always pull over to rescue a turtle from the middle of the road. We like to throw rocks in the stream to see how big of a splash we can make...and I even have come to love growling like a dinosaur and pretending to attack to make my little boy squeal with laughter. Rowan and I had a very rough beginning, and there are some days that I can still feel the burning pain of what we went through, but on the other side of things I think there might be something great about being the mother of a boy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I get it! : ) I never got my wish of having a daughter of my own....how blessed I am though, to have one by marriage....how sweet it is.... (Cool that we didn't have to go through that awful mother/teenage daughter yelling at each other stage!!!)I love you....HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY. Teri