Saturday, August 2, 2008

first smiles


So Rowan has been smiling for a week or two inconsistently and Josh and I have been trying to capture it without much luck. He especially likes to smile at 2am when he is wide awake and wants to play instead of go back to sleep. Here is a picture of the closest thing we have to a smile. Hopefully we will get faster on the trigger and be able to catch him in one soon. I am excited for him to start interacting with us. Sometimes he looks up at me while he is nursing and smiles, like he is saying "thanks mom". I have to admit it does melt my heart a bit. Which he is lucky it does when it is 2 am and he wants to smile instead of sleep. I shouldn't complain, for the most part he is great. He is sleeping longer and longer now and we really only have to get up once in the middle night somewhere between 1 and 3 for feeding.

Update on me: I finally finished my medication yesterday and got the PICC line out this morning. My arm is a little sore, but I am so glad to be free of one more thing. I am sure I will have a good scar from having a tube in my arm for 6 weeks, but it is a small price to pay to be better. I am about 90-95% myself. I am still pretty sore and tired at the end of the day, and sleeping can be a bit uncomfortable, but it seems to be better each day. I guess my body also needs to get used to carrying around this growing boy as well.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Rowan is so adorable!! And I am so thankful that you are almost 100% back to yourself Shey - PTL!!