Monday, November 26, 2007

after the holidays (Josh)

Well my little one, we told your grandparents and great-grandparents, and aunts and uncles, and your mom's and my aunts and uncles and our cousins about you over Thanksgiving...and they freaked. They are so excited for you to be here, I think they might be close to being as excited for you as we are. Although your mom has been feeling pretty sick lately, everyday there are these moments when I catch your mom's eyes, or rub her back while she's feeling sick, or simply hold her hand that ushers in a flood of hope, fear, and excitement, and I can't help but smile.

There are times when I wish you were here today, but I know that over these coming months I will have a lot to learn and a lot to prepare to begin to be ready for you. I just wanted to let you know that we are so excited for you. Your family is excited for you. And even the friends who we've let in on this little secret of ours are excited as well. It feels so special as we are preparing for the coming of another small child whose life flipped the world upside down in this time of advent, that we are also in another period of anxious awaiting for you.

No comments: